County Development Officer - Surrey Federation of Young Farmers Clubs
15 hours a week – competitive salary
Surrey Young Farmers is currently recruiting a Development Officer to increase membership and develop awareness of our charity through publicity, social media and promotion at shows. The role will also support young people and the volunteer leaders. We are a membership organisation for young people aged 10 to 26 years old. Our clubs offer members a variety of activities and a unique means of personal development, community involvement and an opportunity to explore rural and countryside issue. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our small, effective, hard working, team. Do you have experience of development and enjoy a challenging role where no two days are the same? Are you an outgoing person with excellent interpersonal, organisational and planning skills? Then the role of County Development Officer could be for you.
The job involves:
• Recruiting new members through promotion at our Cowpie Show and at local and County shows, colleges / schools and social media
• Creating new initiatives to increase awareness of Surrey Young Farmers
• Supporting clubs to attract new members and volunteers, developing programmes ideas and providing appropriate training opportunities
• Pro-actively deal with changing priorities at clubs to ensure clubs stay active and where possible to increase the number of clubs in Surrey
• Assist at Surrey Young Farmers events which occur 2 – 3 times a year. This includes show preparation (including designing the Cowpie show programme) and attending the events
Experience in use of office IT packages and social media required. Desirable to have experience of development work. Desirable to have experience of working with volunteers and with young people. Candidate must have a willingness to work flexibly with changing priorities.
The role is for 15 hours a week (4 weeks holiday pro rata). Hours of work include three short office based days (can be flexible for the right candidate) and one evening or weekend meeting. Attending SYF weekend events will be paid as overtime. As a youth organisation, all personnel must be undertake an enhanced level DBS Check. The office is based at Something Special, Betchworth, where there is free parking.
Full or Part Time: Part time
End Date - close of application: Friday, 20 March 2020
Full job description available from Luke Smith (Head of Management) or Sandra Reid (County Organiser)
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the job profile to Sandra Reid at Sandra@surreyyfc.co.uk For enquires about this position please phone Sandra Reid, County Organiser Surrey Young Farmers on 01737 844528