County Field Officer - Surrey Federation of Young Farmers Clubs
14 hours a week, term time only – competitive salary
Do you have an interest in and experience of supporting young people? Do you have excellent interpersonal, organisational and planning skills? Have you a proven track record of development and/or offering volunteer support? Then the role of County Field Officer with Surrey Federation of Young Farmers Clubs could be for you.
Surrey Federation of Young Farmers Clubs is a membership organisation with approximately 120 members aged 10 to 26 years old. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our small, effective, hard working, team. Together we have the unique opportunity to support young people on their personal development journey, encourage their community involvement and extend their opportunities to explore rural and countryside issues.
The job involves:
· Supporting clubs to attract new volunteers, developing programmes ideas and providing appropriate training opportunities
· Recruiting new members through promotion at Shows, colleges / schools and social media
· Helping retain members and assist with the transition of older members to Senior clubs
· Pro-actively deal with changing priorities at clubs to ensure clubs stay active and where possible to increase the number of clubs in Surrey
· Assist at Surrey Young Farmers shows, which occur 2 – 3 times a year, promoting the work of Surrey Young Farmers
You must have experience of working with volunteers and with young people and have a willingness to work flexibly with changing priorities.
The role is for 14 hours a week, term time only – 39 weeks on a 2 year fixed contract (holidays should be taken out of term time and holiday entitlement will be included in the salary). Hours of work include 2 evening sessions per week attending club evenings and county meetings and two short office based days (can be flexible for the right candidate). SYF weekend events will be paid as overtime. As a youth organisation, all personnel must be undertake an enhanced level DBS Check. The office is based at Something Special, Betchworth, where there is free parking.
Full or Part Time:
End Date - close of application:
Monday 9th January 2017
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the job profile to Luke Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries about this position please phone Luke Smith, County Chairman, Surrey Young Farmers on 07976 044610.