Eikon is a Surrey based charity that has been working in the local community for almost two decades, providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families.
Our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who are able to contribute positively to society.
Job Title: Lead Youth Worker
Hours: 16 hours per week to include Tuesday 4.45-6.45pm, Wednesday 4.45-6.45pm & Friday evening.
Length of Contract: Term Time only - Permanent
Location Surrey Heath Borough
Rate of pay: £11.04 per hour
Responsible to: Head of Youth and Community – Surrey Heath,
Main purpose of Job
The Lead Youth Work role holds responsibility for: running sessions, building relationships; staff management; delivery of youth services. They will work closely with the Head of Youth and Community and other Lead Youth Workers to ensure efficient use of all resources.
Planning and Development
• Plan, resource and deliver sessions within borough strategy to ensure continued support is given by Eikon to young people; Putting young people first, ensuring we offer the right help at the right time
• Ensure that young people are involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of youth work
• Lead a team of youth workers to deliver high quality youth work
• Work within Eikon’s equal opportunities, health & safety and safeguarding policies at all times
• Identify emerging needs within borough and work with Managers to plan services to meet those needs
• Manage the team of frontline staff to plan, prepare and deliver programmes and sessions in accordance with best practices and all relevant Eikon policies and guidelines
• Supervise employees, volunteers and social work students
• Take part in regular supervision and team meetings
Quality and standards
• Ensure all staff understand and deliver within Eikon’s safeguarding policies and practices
• Set standards and manage staff to ensure evaluations and case notes are all up to date and completed on time
• Keep accurate records and provide data and information as required
Finance and resources
• Manage devolved budget and other resources effectively, within delegated authority
• Liaise and coordinate with Borough Managers, other Lead Youth Workers and Practice Leads to share resources efficiently, ensuring correct levels of staffing through planning and recruitment
Communications and relationships
• Develop and maintain relationships within the borough, particularly with existing and new delivery partners and commissioners
• Undertake any other duties reasonably required by the line manager
• A Level 3 qualification in Youth Work