Whatever the size of your organisation we have something for everyone.
Thank you for your interest in Surrey Youth Focus.
As a charity we aim to significantly improve the lives of young people by supporting our members. Working with you we can:
Champion the Youth Sector
- Bring together common interest groups and provide networking opportunities
- Represent young people and the voluntary youth sector to key decision makers and funders
- Publish and promote members news & volunteering & job vacancies
- Source funding, policy and news updates
- Support members on twitter and social media channels
- Provide training and events (such as the Safeguarding Conference)
- Support youth organisations to share exciting ideas, replicate best practice and access resources from the business sector
- Communicate with a wide range of professionals to solve issues and generate opportunities for young people through Communilab, a physical and virtual network of socially minded organisations from all sectors
- Expand the impact of conferences and event, by having Communilab as the “go to” place for ideas consolidation and time saving, effective collaborations
Empower Young People
- Amplify young people’s voices through the Voice of Youth
- Recognise and celebrate the achievements of young people through Surrey Young Superstars Awards
- Listen to young people by inviting them to contribute to consultations
- Support Youth Social Action projects—where young people design and deliver their own community change programmes
Membership of Surrey Youth Focus starts at just £60 a year Please see the application form for more details.
What are the benefits of membership?
As the largest voluntary youth infrastructure charity in Surrey we connect charities, voluntary organisations, faith and community groups for the benefit of young people. By joining Surrey Youth Focus you will be joining this large network of professionals and volunteers with the shared interest of improving the lives of young people in Surrey.
For your membership you will receive a wide range of services including…
- Representation to statutory and funding bodies
- Listings in our online directories
- Invitation to attend meetings, events and training (mostly free for members)
- News bulletins & monthly funding alerts (tailored to youth organisations in Surrey)
- Evidence of impact and research on needs of young people
- Opportunity to advertise your events, news, good practice, vacancies via twitter @SurreyYF and on www.surreyyouthfocus.org.uk
You can also access some bespoke support too including.......
- Access to a wide range of resources and expertise from our Business partners, eg though volunteering, mentoring or use of a business meeting venue
- Collaboration projects around a theme or outcome
- Backing for young people led projects (Youth Social Action)
- 1-2-1 advice and bespoke assistance specific to your organisation