This report was compiled by Surrey Youth Focus on the experiences of parents with young children during the pandemic. The report is based on the responses of 119 parents spoken to by CFHS Health Visiting Teams across Surrey.
Parents were asked three questions during routine appointments with the Health Visiting Team:
• Is there anything good about Lockdown that you would like to keep?
• What are you most worried about when lockdown ends?
• If you were feeling down, worried about your child/family who or where would you seek help/advice?
Key themes that emerged from these questions were:
• Relationships and family time
• Child development
• The impact of COVID currently and in the future
• Use of technology vs personal contact when seeking help
This is the second of three reports COVID 19 Listening to parents with young children in Surrey_final.pdf– the first listened to 199 children and young people aged 5-18 years about their experiences and the last will focus on experiences of families with children and young people with SEND.