Surrey Youth Soup’s are an opportunity for individuals or small groups of young people (no more than 6) to develop ideas or projects that will benefit their community and pitch for some seed funding to get it started.
What happens at a Youth Soup?
Up to 8 individuals or groups of young people present their ideas to an audience (5 mins max) – their presentation includes who they are, a picture of the problem, and a picture of the solution. Each project can also answer 4 questions from the audience. Each pitch will receive funding towards their project and the audience will vote for a star prize who will receive a further pot of cash! And of course everyone gets a bowl of soup and bread – Everyone is a winner!
When and where are your local Youth Soups?
- Epsom and Mole Valley Youth Soup @Epsom College on Monday 18th September
- Runnymed Youth Soup @ Sir William Perkins School on Thursday 21st September
- Farnham Youth Soup @ Farnham Maltings on Monday 16th October
- Guildford Youth Soup @ The Boiler Room on Wednesday 15th November
- East Surrey Youth Soup @ Friday 24th November
There are a number of ways you can get involved in this exciting project.
1) Support a group of young people aged 11- 18yrs to design and plan a project to present at the event.
2) Come along as part of the audience, we invite members of the local community, stakeholders and service providers to come along and hear directly from local young people.
3) Come along with the view of help fund/ support the projects – we would invite local funders/ service providers to back this project and positively contribute to their local community.
See our leaflet explaing Youth Social Action and what you can do to get involved!
Please contact Caroline.Martyn@surreyyouthfocus.org.uk